Mercury Tracer Overheated Washington DC

My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home. The following morning my car wouldn't start. However, after trying to start it I could hear a bubbling noise under the hood. When I checked this, I found the noise coming from the radiator reservoir.

East West Lincoln Mercury
(301) 459-1750
7591 Annapolis Road
Landover Hills, MD
 
Safford Lincoln - Mercury
(888) 693-5065
3110 Automobile Blvd
Silver Spring, MD
 
Cherner Lincoln Mercury
(703) 893-0800
8550 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA
 
Get It In Gear Transmision and Auto Repair Center
(202) 396-9610
1400 Maryland Ave NE
Washington, DC
 
All American Black Car Service
(202) 637-0405
730 12th St NW
Washington, DC
 
Ourisman Ford Lincoln Mercury of Alexandria
(703) 660-9000
6129 Richmond Highway
Alexandria, VA
 
Manhattan Lincoln Mercury Of Rockville
(301) 424-7000
11617 Old Georgetown Road
Rockville, MD
 
D F Auto Repair
(202) 584-7020
4064 Nash St SE
Washington, DC
 
T Auto Repair
(202) 388-4411
1001 Bladensburg Rd NE
Washington, DC
 
Ana Auto Center
(202) 269-4214
Washington, DC
 

Mercury Tracer Overheated

Provided by:

Reader Questions Hello Austin,

Let me say first, I really enjoy your website and have learned valuable information from it in the past. Thank you. Now, I need some help.

My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home. The following morning my car wouldn't start. However, after trying to start it I could hear a bubbling noise under the hood. When I checked this, I found the noise coming from the radiator reservoir.

I called and explained this to my mechanic, who tells me the head gasket is blown. So, I accessed your site and found where 'Melissa with the 1988 Ford Bronco II' wrote to you. You suggested that she start her vehicle and let it run and to look for coolant shooting from the radiator neck.

I have tried this, but my car will not run, however coolant does shoot from the radiator neck when I try to start it. Does this mean the head gasket is blown???

Please help. I am 43 and female and have always done my own work, (simple things), and want to know if this could really be the problem or if it is something less involved.

Thank you so much in advance,

Ramona

Hi there,

You are a 43 year old female who does her own repairs…..wowow…..I’m impressed.

You said this

“My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home”

So it overheated, but you let it cool down, THEN it started and you drove home. So if it started THEN, and DID NOT overheat on your way home, why does it not start now?

When you say does not start, do you mean the engine turns over, but it sill not ignite and start…..right?

To read the full article, visit Myhonestmechanic.com